Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day Dreams

I step out and pull on the robe of anything I want to be.
Painting a picture of all that my heart fantasizes.
I crown myself the beautiful princess in the white robe,
Whom the knight pulls on his horse galloping away to the faraway land.

I put on my dancing shoes with the cute pink dress.
Like a graceful ballerina I dance to my hearts content.
The stage is exuberant with every move I make.
My body swaying to the music like I own the world.

That VJ takes me to the land of MTV or channel V,
Where I am the coolest hippest girl, yapping all the way.
The Miss. India fits me into her flowing gown, where
I am ready with prompt repartee, people applauding for me.
The stunning actress pulls me into the most dramatic scene,
I play the part with panache and drama right away

I paint my own pictures, I sing my own songs
I come back to my world where I am my parent’s princess;
Waiting for my knight in shining armor.
I dance my heart out to all the music that plays.
I yapp away with my friends who believe I am cool.
I try to rack my brains for the wittiest response;
Sometimes its bulls eye sometimes I am such a fool.
The actress in me keeps dramatizing the way I speak,
Sometimes with hands and sometimes it’s the face.

Day dreams, painting 1000 colors with one stroke.
Day dreams, singing the same song with a different tune.
Day dreams, dancing to the same number with different moves.
Day dreams, a playground for the imagination to run wild.
Day dreams, a solace in boring lectures and meetings.

All religions will pass, but this will remain: simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance. ~V.V. Rozanov

1 comment:

atomantz said...

Nice gurllllll......