Saturday, January 19, 2008

Crush-a-thon ;)

My Teen Crush-a-thon


I assume that every(normal)body has a crushistory. For me every next crush was history repeating itself. He is sooooo cute… that was it. Then drool drool and fir jaao bhool(that sounds cool… lol). Crushing is exuberant fun and super crazy. I had levels of crushing:
Level 1: The moment THE CUTE GUY(TCG) is visible, eyes pop out and face lights up with the 440w smile. The moment out of sight, it’s out of mind. And I don’t know him personally.
Level 2: Finding THE CUTE GUY(TCG) irresistible and devising ways to get to know him, and succeeding in the endeavor. Then every time you bump into each other and he talks, the dil goes mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmm….
Level 3: Now this is serious business. THE CUTE GUY(TCG) is a friend. Hanging around with him half of the time. To top it, every time he talks, the dil goes dhoom dham dhishum… (mm mmm seems sooo insignificant then)

Well I guess the next level stops being a part of the Crush business it’s taken over by the LOVE department. I am saving it for some later post. Lol.

Some teeny-weeny things, that, I did during my teeny Crushlife. My parents knew every entry in my Crush-List (supportive parents I must say).

- In my college there was TCG, a senior. He was handsome, definitely. Once in lunch break I was raving about him to my friends. And for some silly/weird reason I was walking backwards babbling about TCG. Suddenly a few of my friends started giggling and a few had their eyebrows raised. Before I knew what it was, Dhadaaam!!! I bumped into TCG. Whoa!!!! Sorry’s were exchanged (what a gentleman he was… even he said sorry and asked me if I was hurt (blush blush all the way)). My friends couldn’t hold their laughter (jerks). I couldn’t contain my thrill(Duh). Later, I narrated the whole incident to anyone and everyone who would bother to listen. (May God Bless Me with a few more collisions with TCG…)


- I was lurking around with Neha(me and neha studied in different colleges) on college road (a place) where I happened to spot TCG (another senior). I wouldn’t stop staring (read ogling). He and his friend happened to notice (tumne notice kiya!!! kaafi tej ho.. hahahha). So, now TCG turned his bike and was approaching towards us (my heart beats racing) when he spotted Neha and realized that Neha happened to be his friends sister(Neha’s sis was in my college). He sped away with his bike! Damn!!! Me and Neha were in splits laughing. Plus, we didn’t forget to mention this small incident to her sis. Her sis rewarded me with some snaps of TCG. Bless Her!!!


- My parents were fed up of listening to moments with TCG (a friend in school n college). We used to hang out with the same set of friends. He was playing with a silly stick (the stick of a broom!!!!!!!!!!). Started poking me with it. When I caught it, he snatched it away saying “This is my lucky stick”. A while later he forgot about his lucky charm, which I promptly slid in my bag. I flaunted that prized possession at home and kept it in my cupboard. One fine day I come to my cupboard to see that Mom has cleaned up all the mess. I went bonkers when I couldn’t locate that Lucky-Charm stick. To soothe me, my dad came up and started searching for it. Finally he found it for me and handed it saying “Here. Now keep it safe” (that’s what I call a cool dad). I kept that stick safe for a pretty long time. (That’s how crushy-feely I could get).


- I had the habit of sleeping in the evening and studying at night. My mom made sure nothing disturbs me. One fine evening TCG decides to call me, about whom my mom obviously knows. She actually came to wake me up. When I refused to open my eyes, she said “Look its TCG calling, I don’t want you to have a fit when you wake up and realize that you missed the call” (aint my mom cool too). What an instant awakening it was. Ran to pick up the phone. And what a conversation it was. He had called for no reason (that was the best part). After he hung up I just sat there dreamily. My bro and mum amazed at how silly one could be. Then I promptly got up and penned down the entire conversation onto paper in dialog form (patience huh). I don’t remember the count as to how many times I read that thing (That was the impact a call had on me… Duh Me)


- Now this was really lame of me to do. But I used to give missed calls to TCG. This was way back in junior college. And then I didn’t know the concept of caller id’s (Damn). Now we end up together in senior college and for some weird reason in the same class (which then I though was some sign by GOD… whoa!! ) . He was sitting right behind me in class. The guy sitting beside him decides to bring up the topic of missed calls (I still hate him), and then TCG laughs(devil in disguise) and says “Hey Raji, you used to give me missed calls. Hahahah”. (Help Help Help!!! ). I soooooooooo wanted to disappear(GOD didn’t listen to me then). The look on my face, according to my friend was priceless. It goes down in my list of “The Most Embarrasing Moments”.
- 6 of us friends crushed on the same guy. In junior college the attendance sheet used to be passed. We always made it a point to paint a heart in front of his name. And used to giggle all the time looking at his expression. Hardly did we know that all the guys in the class knew our little secret. Once in senior college I made a friend who happened to know about this. That was when it dawned that it was not we who were laughing at him, but all the guys who were laughing at us. (I guess I have made a fool of me umpteen number of times).

There were loads of other things: hating that girl, with whom TCG spoke often, yapping about the latest TCG to my friends, turning red when TCG complimented (this happened to be a rare phenomena), dealing with a spoilt mood because of some silly reason related to TCG, remembering all the clothes he wore, going nuts when we wore the same shade of clothes (silly silly me)... and a lot more.

It was an amazing thing an amazing feeling. It was super fun too.

The Crushy feeling could be described as:

“I get the best feeling in the world when you say hi to me, or even smile, because I know even if just for a second, I crossed your mind.”

When he's around, my whole body knows it. I'll keep talking and stuff, but my mind will have no idea what I'm saying, I keep wondering if there's a term for this.

Cheers to Crushing!!!

3 comments:

Neha said...

:-)
V shud be thankful to all the TCGs we ever came across (or,in ur case..bumped into!!).. coz they made life fun n butiful for us! Now whenever, u tk a trip down memory lane.. u'll be left wid a smile :-)
P.S: i wonder if thr's a way to let all the TCGs know wat effect they had on our psyche?!! now tht sure wud be fun!! ;-)

OUR SPACE..OUR VOICE... said...

man... i'm being honest to God here. Love your blog... you've finally found the writer in you, and how!!! just keep up the tempo and you'll make me sweat to match upto your high standards...

Pallavi Utagi said...

lolz..!!! long live this list and may u keep having crushes coz its total fun the way u behave when u have a crush :)