Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dreams!!!

With Dreams Begin responsibiltities...

I dreamt of flying high,
I looked at the birds and sighed.
The Wright brothers dreamt of flying high,
They built the plane and their dream soared high.

I know it seems like I have just picked it up from the books of a kindergarten student.
Rather Twinkle Twinkle is far better.

Dreams! Everybody has them.

Turn the pages of a slam book from school. “To be rich and famous”. Every alternate page will flaunt these famous words. It’s been 8 years since I left school. Have yet to meet the rich and famous. We can argue that was silly, it was school.

Traveling back to the present. “Kuch karna hai yaar.” “This is not what I want to do.”
Great!That’s good. Ask what is it that you want to do. And the answer is silence.
Abhi socha nahi hai.. maybe this maybe that….Aage life bohot hai yaar… abhi se kya tension.. sochenge kuch…
RIGHT!!! Ask parents!! They will give us the theory of tensions in precise words.

If I am pointing a finger, 3 are pointing back at me. “Padhna hai Padhna hai.. aage padhna hai”. I wanted to do PG. There were some issues, yes. But the nail was that I never tried. I always had reasons to not give the exams. Dreamt of big colleges. Never woke up to them. Finding reason as to why I studying was not possible, I gave up.I was responsible for my dreams failing. Neither finance nor the prospect of shaadi… (Man what lame excuses I had).

We are responsible for our own dreams. Dreams just don’t fulfill themselves while we are sleeping. I guess we need to wake up and take a step towards it.

I know a real life story of a young man chasing his dreams with passion.

Meet Yash Mody.
We both started with the same organization. We both quit. I went looking for another job. He went looking for his dreams. He wanted to be on his own.
A heart break. No job. Lost friends. I guess he had pretty reasons to fail.
He didn’t.
With some hefty job offers he could have just given up and started the same life all over again. He had faith.Started on his own. Started a consulting agency. Today he is training engineers in every big organization. Today he is hiring. And he is still dreaming.

I still have some friends who want to be on their own. I don’t really see them doing anything about it. And most of the times I feel it’s the cluelessness about where and how to start that pulls us back.

As of now I have no BIG dreams. I am yet to find out what I really want. When I mean dreams I am not refrerring only to the flamboyant dreams.

I have a dream. I want to be physically fit. Healthy.
Stop laughing!!!
People say I am thin. Very thin. I know absolutely that my stamina is poor.
I started with my gym and healthy eating habits. A month and it’s down the drains.
All I needed was some dedication. I needed to be responsible.
I will start again. Hopefully this time history won’t repeat itself.

I have no rights to write this post. I am no preacher or motivation GURU. This blog is just a relief for my over worked thoughts.


I have a few questions… Someday I hope to get them answered…
Is it mandatory to dream?
What if we tried but still the dream is distant?
What if a new dream is better?
Are dreams such a big deal?

Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some food for thought there... May be our dreams are too influenced by others. Padhna hain.. kyuki sab padh rahe hain..

I guess this is for everyone who want to kickstart living their dreams.. including me :)

Cheers...

OUR SPACE..OUR VOICE... said...

beautifully written...because its brutally honest.

Pallavi Utagi said...

hmm..
i cant miss to comment on this one.
wat i understand is u r saying as one of our sir says, G.O.Y.A. if u wanna acheive your dream.. (G.O.Y.A. = Get Off Your Ass)..

and yes it is mandatory to have a dream else u r as good as dead.

u know who does not have a dream? the begger on the street maybe.. dream is the lifeline, the very reason for your existence!!!

Now now, the problem is not 'having a dream and not working on it etc' but having the wrong dream.. yes that is the problem..

you mentioned dreams like 'becoming rich and famous'.. why?

i think the need for the day is to question your dreams..

Why this dream?

your next question is "what if this dream is distant?"

Well, there is a difference between dream and a wish...

a distant dream is ok.. it means u will to work for it...
a wish is something which you generally wont work to achieve..
let the dream be distant.. maybe unachievable, but if u work towards it, the time for which u work towards it will be something u will really really enjoy and never ever regret.. trust me..
and if u tried yet the dream is distant.. then u dint try hard enough.. ur dream became your wish eventually..

and dreams are a biiiig deal...

they keep u human.

you said bout not working hard enough for PG..
one question raji, was it really really something you wanted desssssspppperately..
understand wat degree of desperation i am talking about...

if u did.. u wud have done it..

u said about health..
again the same question,
u WISH to be healthy
or
do u DREAM of a healthy you?

raji, too much philosophy i know, but dream and dont wish..
u will see youself working..

...Raji... said...

@Anoymous...

I guess even if its an influenced dream... even if it is some body elses dream you are living..

in order to fulfill it as ME! said we have to "Get of Our Ass!!!"

@ME...

You have answered my questions with a right perspective...
G.O.Y.A.. thats what is needed..

What if somebody has a dream and doesnt have the resources..
like maybe a dream and a blue print for a new idea... but financial constarints....
what then?

And sometimes when this philosophy strikes... dont we sometimes overdo all this...

i mean some friends do think why this hu-ha about dreams..
you have it or dont... whats the deal!!!

Anonymous said...

When you want something.. you ve got to belive.Must have read this: "When you want something.. the entire universe conspires in helping you achieve it."
If you dont believe then no resource no blue print. no nothing will get you there.

Believing and the G.O.Y.A that "me" mentioned are both about overcoming constraints. somewhere financial somewhere mental. and I think material constraints are much less of a raod block then the mental ones

There are numerous stories around us. A few successful and few not so.. its upto us to choose which one we want to be.

For those who understand the above statement.. Success is not material

... Live on.. winning will happen :)

Pallavi Utagi said...

someone has a dream but the resources are not there?

Raji philosophy says,
if u want to achieve something whole universe conspires to help u achieve it..

but lets keep philosophy aside for the time being,

tell me, when u achieved something, and u did quite a few things, did u always have all and the best of resources? no u did not.

for eg.
U got into KPIT from KKW when a few ppl from COEP also dint manage s/w jobs!!

look within you, look around you, u will find 10s and 1000s of examples of people achievinhg inspite of resources...

ok ur friend had the resources, fine! that is how the universe conpired and decided to help him, by giving him the financial backing!

for some others, the universe will conpire and give him a backing in the form of a great mentor may be!

or in ur case, u got the universe conspired and gave u an awesome opportunity @ pict, but it was YOU who used it, remember..
everybody is given an opportunity has the opportunity in some form or the other by the universe if u really dream to achieve something..
but its YOU who needs to use it..

high level of philosophy..
but again,
is financial backing ALL that stands in between u and ur dream????

and right you said, wats the big deal of not having a dream..

it is not a big deal for a lot of people, but for people who are passionate bout life as such.. who looooove their life and live and not exist, dream is the way/reason/meaning of life..

there can not be dat u dont have a dream...
if u dont why do u go to work every morning? coz maybe they wish to see their kids making it big someday! hey even thats a dream.. right?

and yeah i might be overdoing and overstressing the dream thing according to a few, but honestly,

if not a dream,

GIVE ME ANOTHER REASON FOR MY EXISTENCE ON THIS PLANET FOR 70 YEARS?

I dont want to get into the life seems empty meaningless discussion... so will stop here..

...Raji... said...

@ME!

The KPIT coming into my college might fit the universe law in my case...
i do blv it ... coz right from the day i got into KKW i hoped against hope that i will get placed..

but i didnt do anything about it.. i didnt move my Ass...

PICT yes... we did.... the whole group did...
we deserved what we got...


But its not ground reality...

Its easy to convince an optimist like me..

but what about the people who blv life sucks... but somwhere have a dream!!!

Pallavi Utagi said...

its not a dream.. its a wish..
and people who feel life sucks YET have a dream not a wish, well then somewhere in the corner of their heart they know life does not suck as much as they say it sucks...

Anonymous said...

SOnica:

aisa nahi hai ki sab ambitios nahi hai..........ambition is not always being something very big in life.......they need not be very biggg.......wht i think is you may have small ambitions in life........for instance meri ambition koi bohot great nahi hai ki main ye banu ya wo banu .......it must be very stupid thing for you but then my ambition in life is only related to krishna.........its like.........

2-3 saal pehle it was getting married to krishna and fighting for it ne how.......this thing i achieved.......khair it was very simple......but then it was sort of aim .......then today its like not being very great in carrier ....but then my aim in life is ya say ambition....it will sound very tipical indian girl may be ...wo bhi purane jamane ki .....but then it is to be very good wife, good bahu, good mother and handling my profession along with it properly ........and ye bhi nahi hai ki meri ambition yahi rahe gi thru out life....

i dont know but then main itna bada nahi sochti hun, un logon ki tarah jin logon ki life me set of rules and regulations hota hai and they go with it thru out their life.......they set some plans for themselves and then do follw them let ne thing happen........mere hisab se tumhare life ki priorities bhi badal sakti hai and ambitions bhi.........today may be u want to be very successful in carrier ....tomm may be u will want to be successful mother or wife........

in short wht i belive is keep ur life flexible.......dont bind ur self to too many rules and regulations.....

Pallavi Utagi said...

phew.. raji..
yeh kuch jyada hi heavy duty nahi ho gaya!!?? i surprise myself when i start writng anything to you...
newz, it was fun.. :)