Sunday, November 29, 2015

My Dream Home


Dec 2014 I set out on my way to find my dream home.  Living in a new city brought with it its own confusions. Which suburb? What kind of house? We went from one extreme to another on the budget front as well.  We were a sight.
One fine afternoon, me and Nishit hired a car and went out checking out suburbs. Was that going to give us any solid evidence of how really the suburb was? No. On an instinct we hired a car and we just drove.
But I still remember the moment I drove into Caroline Springs, I fell in love.
We still haggled with a lot of suburb coices based on logic, but just could not feel the same again for any place. With not-so-technically-ideal amount of money in hand; we went about inspecting homes.
11/11/2015 - my permanent address changed to: 9 Wyperfeld Circuit, Caroline Springs
  We stopped our house hunting in April 2014, and then in Oct 2015 I had a whim to go out for a day of inspection. The last house we saw that Saturday, nothing like I would have imagined but that house possessed me. I kept going back every Saturday. That house is all I wanted since I saw it. The house still baffles me; I have rejected houses for the silliest of reasons and with this one I was ready to go for a house even with pink tiles!!!
Today I own it.  It is overwhelming. It still feels like a dream. I still am wrapping my head around the fact that this huge home, with the exact location where we wanted and the size of land we were lusting after, is my own home. My own: grateful for it.
Dreams do come true.
P.S : I changed the pink tiles

No comments: