Thursday, July 9, 2015

4 years a mom


·         I am not as patient as I would ideally like myself to be, or as patient as I was. That’s primarily because she is becoming too much of an individual too fast. My patience is slower to catch up. -1

·         I give her choice, choice in what she wants to eat, what she wants to wear, what toy she wants to buy. I know she is 4 and needs direction, so when needed I am apt at explaining why a choice cannot be implemented. I am patient in that department. +1

·         We read every night. She loves to be read interrupting at every other word or picture; I am patient answering all her questions. Why wouldn’t I be, love for books is one thing I am extremely glad she picked. +1

·         I am laid back about her food habits. I am not rigid about it. She can choose to go hungry at times or feed herself some “junk” food. I don’t seem to mind. Although I am yet unable to decide if that’s a good thing or not. So no points here.

·         I am lazy on weekends. I rather she spend screen time than bug me. Considering she spends her week in care, I always think I need to spend some more quality time with her. I need improvement in this department. -1

·         I don’t take her to her kind of weekend places. Parks, play areas and stuff like that. She ends up doing our stuff, eating out and shopping. -1

·         I listen to her. I tell her how my day has been and in return she does too. She has a lot to tell. I love to listen. +1

·         I play with her every day, lego, painting, playdough etc. I am involved not just pretending to play. But I don’t play anything that’s too much running around that’s her daddy department. +1

·         I have gone from never saying “please stop crying” to saying “please stop crying”. I believe there is nothing wrong with crying and if she is upset she needs to cry. And me saying “stop crying” is not helping the situation. I can have better ways to calm her down. -1
 

Well I am not too bad for a 4 year old mom.

I plan to give you love, nurturing and just enough dysfunction to make you funny – someeacrds.

 

2 comments:

Pallavi Utagi said...

+1

Neha said...

For me, you will always be the perfect parent! Just the right amount of craziness to be real. Muah!