Thursday, July 23, 2015

Melbourne for me




It was exactly how it happened for Amber in Salaam Namaste “Wo Melbourne aai aur use Melbourne se pyaar hogaya”.

I came I saw and it conquered me. I love this city. I love how I feel in this city. 

It’s a gorgeous city with the Victorian facades framing the buildings, adorned with gardens and parks after every street probably second only to the cafes which are by the dozen on every street.
Silly as it may sound; not having to worry about the coverage of my body based on where I am going is a huge relief in itself. I probably have an old life connection with the city. That’s how one I feel with it in only two years that I have spent here.

It’s beautifully multicultural with people from all over the world walking the streets. Even with the obvious differences of how everyone from a different origin looks, it is still such a polite and well-mannered city. “How aa ya” is the norm here. No conversation ever begins without it.  If you cross a stranger on the road, more often than not they smile.

The city has the quintessential buzz without making me feel lost. The suburbs have this quite, eerire Kerala village feel to it at night. That doesn’t make me feel scared.

It’s a city without being a city. Its streets are filled with the warmest of strangers. The coffee culture here is absolutely amusing. The guys so cute ;) The running and cycling crowd on all streets has finally motivated me to run too and buy cool running gear as well. 

I am biased, but I feel awesome here. Its brimming with positivity all over.

I feel free; I have a sense of freedom here. I feel extremely positive and fresh here.  From the buzzing cities to the quiet suburbs, I can’t seem to find a fault. Yes, I don’t have the enormous family and friends I have back home. I miss them. But I would miss them no matter where I am. But, at least I love the place that I am in now.
What to do, I love it.

Keep calm and love Melbourne.




No comments: