Monday, July 13, 2015

Happiness is ...



Those block of legos, the chunk of playdough
The rainbow of colours, the stroke of pencils
The childlike demeanour I get to wear, the happiness I soak in
Happiness is being a mom.

The beautiful streets lined with trees, the early morning cold
The sound of my running feet, the breaking of dawn I witness,
The will I exude, the strength I gain
Happiness is running.

The beautiful rotating hoop, the moves I clumsily make,
The tricks I set to learn, the moves I am yet to grasp
The thrill that makes me jump, the learning curve I set out on
Happiness is hula hooping.

The smell of pages, the feel of a book in hand,
The characters that talk, the stories that build,
The joy that sets in, the excitement of turning to the last page
Happiness is reading a book.

The hours spent talking, the coffees and the dinners,
The laughs galore, the roller coaster of emotions,
The luck to have friends to share with, the strength that friends give
Happiness is having friends.

The choices I make, the mistakes I do
The perspectives I have, the understanding I do
The stubbornness I am proud of, the arrogance that I am
Happiness is being ME.


Happiness is an inside job.

2 comments:

Pallavi Utagi said...

you're on a roll lady.
This is brilliant.

Neha said...

Happiness is contagious.. Thanks for sharing this brilliant piece of your mind..